Eliminating Pests: An All-Inclusive Guide For Effective Pest Control For Gilbert Homes
December 29, 2023
Your home should be a place where you feel safe and comfortable. Unfortunately, when unwanted animals sneak into your home, they can disrupt your safety and security by transforming your home into a dangerous environment.
Residential pest control in Gilbert can be challenging for the average person. Many different types of pests and wildlife animals can sneak into your home and cause many problems. At Overson Pest Control, we are a locally owned and operated company with over a decade of experience. We have dealt with all of the common pests in this area, and we know the best way to keep them out of your house.
The Many Pests That Can Plague Gilbert Homes
Gilbert, Arizona, has hot and dry summers and mild and cool winters; this is the perfect climate for many types of animals. However, if temperatures become too hot, food and water can become scarce for some native animals. They will then try to come into your home to find food, water, and safe shelter. Some of the most common pests that our local pest control technicians find around Gilbert properties include:
- Termites: These social insects live in large colonies and can have over a million termites in one nest. They eat cellulose, which is in many organic materials, such as wood.
- Rodents: Roof rats, Norway rats, and mice are common home-invading pests. They can hide behind your walls and other crevices of your home, making an infestation difficult to detect.
- Cockroaches: These disgusting insects can sneak into your home through utility lines, small gaps, ventilation systems, and even the drainage system.
- Stinging insects: Wasps, hornets, and bees are all found in this area. Because of the mild temperatures, you can find these insects in and around your home all year long.
- Spiders: There are many different species of spiders in Gilbert. The black widow and brown recluse spider are the only spiders in this area with neurotoxic venom.
- Scorpions: Scorpions are small and able to blend in with their surroundings, which can make them hard to see and could put you in danger.
All the pests on this list are extremely invasive and can take over your home if the problem is not dealt with quickly. Call a professional pest control company if you think you have unwanted guests inside your home.
Pests Are A risk To The Health Of Your Family And Home
Pest in your home can be scary and cause many homeowners anxiety. Some pests, such as termites, will continue to consume the wooden surfaces of your home, which could eventually cause structural damage. Many of the pests in this area are also able to spread diseases, such as salmonella and streptococcus. They could also trigger allergy symptoms, which can make you feel sick every day they are there.
If you start feeling unwell after discovering pests in your home, you need to contact an emergency pest control company right away.
Easy And Effective Pest Prevention Tips
Most pests will only come to your home for food, water, and shelter. To ensure that they don’t stop at your house, you need to make sure these three necessities are inaccessible to the animals. Seal any gaps or openings around your home, fix any water leaks, and keep food in airtight containers.
A local pest control technician should inspect your home to make sure you don't have anything on your property that can attract pests.
Contact Us For Long-Lasting Pest Control Strategies
Pest control in Gilbert, Arizona, requires regular inspections and treatments. If you are looking for an easy and affordable way to keep pests away, call our Overson Pest Control professionals today.